Well the water is hooked back up and that is about it for my life right now. I’ll post about that later.
No great decorations of this room, no happy finishes, just the necessities of hot water and more importantly flowing water returning to our lives 3 days after it left at 2 am this morning.
So sitting here today, looking at the ravages of my home after living in this crap for this amount of time. All that is going through my mind is this:
- Well this is a great vacation!! NOT!!
- Thank goodness that my husband is a genius when he thought of priming the well with the wet/dry shop vac at 12:30 am this morning.
- I never ever want to do that again.
- How do I get those 4 days back? 1 for shopping for the renovations and 3 watching my husband rebuilding everything.
- Why do they invent silent hot water heaters so you think they are defective at 1:30 am in the morning.
- Thank you lord for hot showers after 3 days.
- I really own too much crap and I’m so annoyed at looking at it all but don’t have the energy to go through it at all.
- And how do I get rid of this headache?
- And finally why did I have to get to feeling like a piece of crap when I finally went on vacation.
I am going to answer these one by one!
- Actually it is a great time to be on vacation. These are the joys of home ownership. We knew there would be days like this. Only problem is you are never quite use to it until it happens to you. At least we didn’t have to work through these renovations.
- Yes, I am lucky to have a genius for a husband when it comes to coming up with solutions to things. Makes for life to be a lot better for most cases.
- Absolutely don’t ever want to go down that road of water room renovations, but we won’t. That room is now fixed that any job we do in it will be minor compared to what was done in the last 3 days.
- Well, I won’t get those 4 days back. But I can be happy with the thought that we have just added more value to our home. We fixed the floor, and when we catch our second wind, we will be adding a pretty and functional room to the house. Even in it’s most rudimentary looks right now, it’s still above and beyond what it was. From this: To this:
Yeah I know it doesn’t look like a lot, but trust me on this, there was so much work done in 3 days, it was insane. Only the cosmetics are left to do and I’m a wiz at that one. The real work is being shown right here. The real meat and potatoes stuff. But I will be posting all the pretty stuff in weeks to come.
- They invent silent hot water heaters so you don’t have to listen to extra noise. Note to the manufacturer: Please write in your instructions that this heater makes zero noise, not a click, not a single thing and to wait a solid 20 minutes to see if any hot water is coming out of the tap before you need to panic.
- Yes, it’s wonderful to feel the heated water on your dirty skin. Honestly while showering for a straight 30 minutes last night I wondered how generations before ever did without. I actually told my husband that I might have figured out why people in older generations did not live as long. They just could not take another day without hot water. Trust me, it was a funny moment in bed at 3 am.
- Owning too much stuff and having a huge mess of stuff that aggravates me only reminds me that I still have a ways to go to open up my spaces in my house and I will get there. The great thing is that I don’t have to do it all in one single moment. I can do a little bit at a time. Like the mess in front of my eyes that is bothering me right now. Be happy with your accomplishments, no matter how big or small.
- To get rid of this headache I take Tylenol or rest my head. Easy!
- Why do I always seem to feel like crap when I suddenly have time off. Because I think my body needs to decompress and knows it because your brain keeps reminding you that you will be taking time to relax. I believe your body’s immune system also takes a moment to relax and when it does, your protection take a small hiatus. It’s alright, even your awesome body needs a break and you get to build new and stronger antibodies.
So that answered all my questions. So why do I feel like am sitting here somehow missing out on my time off? Maybe. But so what? That nap I took, I needed. I can’t do that when I work. I don’t have that opportunity. So laying on the couch enjoying my lazy day may not be out reorganizing and writing a grand novel, however, it’s no less important. It’s what I chose to do with this minute in my timeline, just like I will choose something else to do with my next minute coming up and the one after that.
Nothing is wasted unless you think it’s wasted. The hardest judge of what you should be doing and when are usually ourselves. The only person who can feel bad about how we spend our time is ourselves. So enjoy the minute you are in. Be grateful for the moments you create, good and not so good. The one thing we can all count on is that everything changes and will keep changing regardless of whether or not we are here.