It sounds like an easy enough title, but some people spend their lives questioning their ability to do things, constantly questioning themselves.
The worst part of this is you can actually sit there and defeat every thought you have without ever even leaving the chair you are sitting on. That’s pretty sad, but trust me I have done this a lot in my life until I decided I was not going to do it anymore.
A mind can be a great thing if it doesn’t get in its own way.
Here’s a few ways you can help yourself accomplish what you want.
- When you have a thought of doing something, immediately stop the “BUT” or “HOWEVER” that crosses your brain. Don’t let it in. As soon as you hear it. Mentally say “STOP”. If you can manage that first thought, you can now start making things happen instead of talking yourself out of them.
- Now that you have gotten the idea and stopped the self defeating thoughts, it’s time to jot or write down your plan of action.
- My favorite thing to think or say is, there is no impossible things, just different ways of looking at them. Sometimes only a shift in thought is needed to make a world of difference.
- If you have a positive friend or partner, bounce off your ideas on them. Sometimes you can have a pretty narrow view of how things work and having a different mind on it can bring up possibilities you have not thought of.
- Once you start with something, don’t stop thinking of ways you can improve it even if you feel you have accomplished it. Study and educate yourself. With YouTube and social media, you are no longer limited to sit and read a book about how to do stuff, you can have real time interactions and real time advice at your fingertips. Use all that is available to you.
- Keep it simple. If you make things too complicated, it’s then that defeating thoughts can crawl back in. And you want those out.
- Believe that you can do anything you want. It doesn’t much matter who you are or where you are from. You don’t know unless you have tried it.
- Don’t let thoughts of what others think of you decide who you are. If you are a bigger person like me and want to ride a bike but start to think of what people will think it will look like. Take a page out of Wayne Dyer’s book and repeat to yourself “What other people think of me is none of my business”. Don’t let others stop you from being or doing what you want.
- If you fail, try again. Don’t let one thing discourage you. The more ideas you have and the more things you do, the better the chances you will succeed.
- When you do something amazing, talk about it. Feel good about it. And remember to congratulate yourself. You are AWESOME!
Now Go For It!